Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Catch Me if You Can


I struggle with devotion time. I desire to have an intimate time - just me and Yahweh - chewing on some scripture - spilling our deepest secrets and thoughts. I just don't do it. I have a million excuses. None of them are legitimate. Oh, I wish to be a disciplined person.

BUT...

Yahweh chases me! Even though I do not seek him - he seeks me. I get followed to the highest mountain peaks, and to the lowest valley. I do not find him in his word - so he finds me in his world. He finds me in movies, television shows, strangers on the bus, friends, books, newspaper articles, internet sites, blogs, trees, leaves, wind, animals, machines, my wife, and my children. Yahweh always finds me. I am thankful I am not lost, I can orient my self in anything I pass by.

BUT...

I will continue to long for closeness. I will strive for the secret to discipline. I will struggle to prioritize. And I will follow when he finds me.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

AMEN!

 
At 6:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm...I am so glad God continues the chase. It is a very good thing that He does not get fatigued as we do. I am also glad that we are not like the illusive hare but rather dumb sheep who are easily caught.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home