Thursday, November 17, 2005

Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants!


I think you should get rid of your TV!!!!

Isaac and Andrew each picked out a new book at the book fair at their school tonight. Andrew chose the Captain Underpants book. This evening after the busyness of our crisies had subsided, I realized it was rather quite considering the boys were playing unattended. I thought I would inquire as to what they were doing, usually the combination of the two of them and quiet means trouble. To my amazement I found them reading TOGETHER!! Isaac (2nd grade, 4th grade reading level - we learned of this tonight!) was reading Captain Underpants to Andrew. This from the kids who two months ago couldn't say one sentance without uttering something of video games or tv shows. I am still astonished at this feat. We have been without any form of tv for about two weeks (technical difficulties), and without an actual television for about two months (we got a tv tuner for our computer). At first mention of this idea both Isaac and Andrew were heart broken. Not only would there be no tv or vcr, but also no video games. We thought this would be a difficult transition for us, mainly Isaac and Andrew. What we have found is the incredible blessing of forgetfulness. We don't even remember (at least not often) that we have no tv. We are choosing to spend our time and energy on more productive activities, like reading Captain Underpants. Get rid of your tv and expect to be blessed.

I will never forget that book - Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants.


Oh, and by the way, Isaac and Andrew have a blog now. I don't know how long they will stay interested, but they have one and Sarah doesn't, I think that is saying something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home