Thursday, November 24, 2005

Pictures


I have a friend who stirs thought and promotes happieness when he creates pictures. He is a painter and sculpter. The art he creates takes on new life when he is done; moving people to smile, or cry, or jump for reasons he may not have intended. I too share in this hobby. However, the pictures I create are not formed with paint or clay, but with words and music. I enjoy creating word pictures. Some of my word pictures become poems, some become sermons, some become conversations, and some become songs (the songs are not recorded, if you want to hear them ask me, I'll sing them to you), here are a couple I have been working on:

Our Story
Wandering...wandering for forty years - blind,
Searching for a way.
Wondering...wondering if we will have the sight,
To see you here today.

You look like clouds in the day, and fire at night.
Oh, what a story about following the guide.
You took us to the promise land, you did see us through.
That's why I long to see you as a cloud in day, and a fire at night.

Overcast

It's raining, it's pouring.
Can you hear the whole world calling,
For the sun to burn away,
the clouds, the rain, and all the gray.


It's raining, it's pouring.

Will you tell your hopeful story,
About a man who came one day,
He gave his life so he could take away - This rainy day

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM , Blogger sarah said...

I love to hear you sing. I didn't know that you like to write poetry. Where is it?

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

Beautiful words, Adam. I look forward to hearing more from you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home