Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's Guy Code


I don't know how many guys actually know about this code, most comply but are not aware of its existence. The code is very much a part of the social contract between guys. The part that I don't understand is the "every other" section, which should be renamed the "intimacy intolerancy" pledge. The "every other" rule states: no guy shall be directly next to another guy. There must always be an "other" in between. Women, dogs, pillows, or empty space will work to fill the "other" role.

This is absurd guys. We are so afraid of getting close. I'm tired of sitting every other seat in a movie theater. I'm sick of choosing to stand on the bus when there are no free seats that contain empty space, or women in the others next to it. I'm weary of handshakes instead of hugs, I'm done with the action adventure or comedy movie expectation - I like artsie films.

And so I say to all I am breaking away, creating my own code. I will watch chic flicks and cry if I feel like it. I will sit next to my Man date without an empty seat in between. I will hug my Man friends. I will always choose the middle urinal.

It's time for a revolution!

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM , Blogger Tim said...

I'll sit next to you man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home