Monday, February 13, 2006

My Mirrors Broken

I am faced with a new temptation - ego. I have had ego problems in the past, but this is different.

A friend of mine sold me on the idea of becoming a mirror image of Jesus. A person who reflects Jesus to all who see me. I have been working hard. I gave up addictions, some of which I enjoyed. And now, while I am not really mistaken for Jesus, I have grown leaps and bounds. And it pisses me off! Because now I am being taken advantage of. Now no one is looking out for me. Now I am stuck in this hole trying to look like Jesus, and no one can find ME! At least it feels that way, remember I know I'm still not good at being Jesus.


Satan is tempting me to give up. He wants me to feel lonely and overlooked so I will get frustrated and go back to being selfish.


Jesus is telling me to keep going. He says feel lonely and overlooked to become selfless.


It's the cost for the cause of Christ - people will see Jesus if they can't see me. Paul understood how hard this is:
"Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself. Don't think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing. Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not demand and cling to his rights as God. He made himself nothing; he took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form. And in human form he obediently humbled himself even further by dying a criminal's death on a cross. Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave him a name that is above every other name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" Philippians 2:3-11

I'll get my mirror fixed.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM , Blogger Ike Graul said...

There is always someone watching. It may not be the person you wish were watching, but someone always is. Brother, I'm glad you are on your guard.

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Luke Coles said...

You are awesome Adam and a great friend. Thank you for always listening to me. Watching you grow into who you are is powerful. I hold you in high respect and I am privileged to call you a friend. Love ya too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home