Monday, December 11, 2006

Theologically Themed Video Game

So this is what I want for Christmas.
Imagine: you are a foot soldier in a paramilitary group whose purpose is to remake America as a Christian theocracy, and establish its worldly vision of the dominion of Christ over all aspects of life. You are issued high-tech military weaponry, and instructed to engage the infidel on the streets of New York City. You are on a mission - both a religious mission and a military mission -- to convert or kill Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, gays, and anyone who advocates the separation of church and state - especially moderate, mainstream Christians. Your mission is "to conduct physical and spiritual warfare"; all who resist must be taken out with extreme prejudice. You have never felt so powerful, so driven by a purpose: you are 13 years old. You are playing a real-time strategy video game whose creators are linked to the empire of mega-church pastor Rick Warren, best selling author of The Purpose Driven Life.

Check out the rest of the article here - www.talk2action.org


The only thing better than this would be if Brad Pitt and Ed Norton would share in the Lord's Supper before commencing "Fight Club" activities. When I find that branch of the club I am so in.

Also, go listen to the song "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al, it is every Church of Christ guy I know, including me!

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM , Blogger Tim said...

"Full Conversion!" "Nah you only winged him. Now he's a Unitarian."

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Allan W. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Allan W. said...

I find these "Christian Games" very disturbing. I say this as an inveterate gamer and believer.

I think it's mostly the "Left Behind" theologies that probably bug me, but I'm just very wary of the whole genre.

Tim: LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home