Saturday, September 09, 2006

I got tagged too

A book that changed my life besides the Bible:
Seven habits of highly effective people - Stephen Covey
My friend articulates the importance of this book very well: “Jesus tells me to love my neighbor as my self, this book teaches me to love my self, and then how to love my neighbor.”

The story of my experiments with truth, an autobiography of Mohandis Gandhi
This book taught me simplicity

A book I’ve read more than once:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People

A book I would take with me if I were stuck on a desert island:
Everything I need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten – Robert Fulgham
or
Lord of the Flies – William Golding

A book that made me laugh:
Through Painted Deserts – Don Miller
My favorite Miller book, and I laughed hard!

A book that I wish had been written:
poetry, I've always wanted to write poetry.
I wish Jesus' mother, Mary would have written a book from her perspective about the Messiah.

A book that I wish had never been written:
I don't know if there are any. However I didn't like Wild at Heart – John Eldridge, but that's another post all together.

A book I’ve been meaning to read:
The Great Omission – Dallas Willard (next book on my list, gotta finish “the brick” first)
A Simple Path – Mother Teresa
The Ragamuffin Gospel – Brennan Manning
End of the Spear – Steve Saint
The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical - Shane Claiborne (if I was not married and had no children, this is the ministry I would be doing)
Searching for God Knows What – Don Miller
The Essential Writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson – Ralph Waldo Emerson

something Brian McLaren – I still haven't read any of his stuff

I’m currently reading:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People - Covey
The Divine Conspiracy – Dallas Willard
Organic Church – Neil Cole (this is a great book for anyone who is involved in a faith community)
Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John
The Monstrous Memoirs of a Mighty McFearless – Ahmet Zappa (Frank Zappa's son)

Tag your it!
Sarah Wolfgang
Kristi Beeman
Ryan Woods
Steve Maxwell
Emily Wallace




1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger Adam Wolfgang said...

I've seen some of Rob's videos (one of which was the inspiraion for the title of this blog), but I didn't know he had written anything. I will check it out, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home