Monday, July 10, 2006

Hosea you are the man!

As I read the book of Hosea I am struck by two things.

1. That dude had a pair. I mean it. He believed in Yahweh. He really believed. Yahweh told Hosea to marry a harlot, and have harlot children. What an ego blow to know that every guy in town has been with your wife, and your children might not be your own. But Hosea did it. He had faith that Yahweh knew better than he did. It makes me cringe because I know what Yahweh wants me to do, and often it is nothing close to what he asked Hosea to do, but I choose me instead. Yahweh asks me to love all people as I love my self, but I still pass judgment. Yahweh asks me to love my wife as Christ loves the church, but I really love my self.

Hosea was the kind of servant I want to be, he was all in. There was no sitting on the fence, he knew what had to be done and he did it. He may have had questions, but he wasn't about to disappoint the Father. I burn to be a doer.

Father open my eyes and my heart to see what it is you are asking me to do, and give me the humility to forget myself.

2. Yahweh knows us better than we think. He wants to give us wonderful things to enjoy, but he will not hesitate to take them away. He made me and He can take me apart. I forget this sometimes. I really like stuff. Often I want. But the Lord has already blessed me with more than I need. I am content. And sometimes I think to my self, "hey, look what I did. I made that. I worked hard for that." I imagine that Yahweh looks at me shakes his head. I don't have two sticks to rub together with out Yahweh, I better watch my self.

Father I am so thankful for the way you have blessed me and my family. Everyday I enjoy the things you have given to me, and I thank you. I am sorry I am selfish, forgive me.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Blogger Kristi said...

The other day I though of you as a truck piled high with PVC pipe passed me. It had all different sizes of pipe.

How is it? "Let justice roll like a mighty river." That could have been quoted entirely wrong

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger Aimee Jo said...

I have been reading a WONDERFUL book called "Redeeming Love", which is a modern-day retelling of the book of Hosea. It is so good and I highly recommend it...although, it is quite a love story, so I don't know if guys would get into it as much as girls!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home