Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Amazing Sara Groves


A friend gave me a CD to listen to before I moved. It was Past the Wishing by Sara Groves. And now I can't stop listening to it. It is an absolute masterpiece. Not the most polished recording, but it doesn't matter. Sara has an incredible gift for lyrics. She uses fairly ordinary words, but creates incredible word paintings.

Most good music makes me break out in song, Sara Groves inspires deep, meaningful thought. I am shocked at this difference. I have never experienced music in this way. I can not sing for fear of disrupting the beautiful story that is being told, I must only reflect, I must only be.

Sara, if you are reading, please continue your ministry. Your words and music inspire me to go, be, and do. I thank you.

3 Comments:

At 8:48 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

Your post inspires me to listen to her cd.

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Mike Lewis said...

Adam,

That same friend got me listening and I concur with you.

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank God for good friends who pass on treasures like Sara. She's helped me through a lot of rocky stuff in the past few months.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home