Thursday, January 13, 2005

Church Family

What do you look for in a Church family? I love my Church family that I have now, I really feel comfortable whith them. I feel that I can rely on my family when I have needs, and I think I have gifts to offer to my family as well. The problem is this: my son Isaac does not feel like he has a place to belong. Most of the kids at our Church are of a much different culture than Isaac, and the kids who share the same intrests are too young or too old to really be what Isaac needs. He can transcend some cultural differences, but he has trouble connecting with many in his own culture. Isaac is a very intelectual kid. He has a hard time connecting with any kid who can not communicate and enjoy a different level of play. I feel guilty at times because we were attending a Church that fed Isaac and not Sarah or I. Isaac had a couple of good friends, and we denied him of his social needs. Now those two friends have both moved to Texas and so we are starting over. I just don't know if we should stay at the Church we feel so comfortable at despite Isaac's struggles, but work harder to find him opportunities for socail growth whith kids he can enjoy. Or, leave our family in search of a Church that can feed all of us.
"Father, please give Sarah and I the wisdom to discern your will in our lives. Please help us to be the best parents we can be, help us not to ignore the unseen needs of our children. Give Isaac the abillity to communicate the needs he has, please give him a friend who will both be a fun playmate and also help in cultivating a boy that is willing to live a life that honors and serves a living Jesus. Please give us guidance. Amen"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home