Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Christian business?

Is it possible to run a business (in a capitalistic society) and serve a living Jesus at the same time? I really don't know. I have gone witnessed a friend be fired from a "Christian" based business for not doing his job. The president of the company did not want to fire him, he wanted to offer him a second chance. I find that amazing and add to it that the person being fired and the president held mutual feelings of near hate for one another. They had co-existed for the benefit of the company, and the kingdom. The only reason this person was fired was because the business manager thought it was the best business decision at that time. No person is at fault here, I think all people have valid arguments and opinions on the issue. My only thought is how can a business run effectively following the example of Jesus. Wouldn't that business loose money? Would it be a business at all? Or would it be just a ministry? I am wrestling with this issue, it touches everyone since we all need income. Oh I can't wait for the glory days of worry-free days in heaven!

"Lord please help my friend to find a new job that both honors your gifts to him, and betters your kingdom. Give those in charge of business the wisdom to lead like Jesus. Help those of us who are following to be good servants. Amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home