Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Mystery of Water


Hannah has never been a big fan of water. Sure the idea of joining the other kids in the pool sounds great, but she has always been a little skeptical. In fact taking a bath is nearly past her threshold for water tolerance. Washing her hair is a battle. But at the community pool last night she "had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity!" She started holding my hands and swimming by herself and finished with multiple jumps into the pool from the edge while I caught her. In fact before her last jump attempt she said to me, "Daddy? Can I get those glasses so I can jump in by my self?" I was shocked! the same girl who screams bloody murder in 4 inches of water in the bath tub when it's time to rinse her hair is swallowing gulps of pool water!

And I realized at that moment that we are not far from walking her down the isle, or attending her graduation, or the birth of our grandchildren.

2 Comments:

At 2:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yay, Hannah! Can't believe how big she has gotten!

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Luke Coles said...

I know we're getting old because time goes by so fast.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home